Monday, June 13, 2011

Elle moments to remember

I can't seem to remember to write anything down, so I am going to try and be better about posting little things here and there that I will want to remember!


Ellianne has quite the personality and she comes up with some pretty hilarious stuff; she keeps us on our toes!

May 1st: Me: "Ellianne, it's time for nap." E: Mom, just ONE show, and THEN it will be naptime!" Me: "no shows, only books, then nap." E: (in an upbeat, and happy tone) "Mom, just ONE show, and then it will be napitme!" She said it again about 10 more times...didn't know negotiation was a skill that could be mastered all before the ripe old age of 2 1/2!

May 9th: Elle was taking her baby doll and hitting herself in the head with it and saying to the baby, "No mam, DO NOT hit and kick, that's not very nice!" (in a very stern voice) Then when I asked her what she was doing she said, "The baby is hitting me, but she doesn't know because she is a baby!"


Last week she was taking her nap, but sleeping too long/late so I went in to wake her up. When she opened her eyes and saw me she said, "Mom, I want to finish the rest of the nap!" She rolled back over and closed her eyes! I feel the same way every morning sister...go ahead..."finish the nap"!


Other days nap time ends up looking like this: 

Last week I went to the OB/GYN for my yearly check up and when we walked in, Elle walked straight up to the scale, kicked off her shoes and hopped on! Guess every girl is worried about adding any extra weight! I think she remembers going there and seeing me do that a few/20 times during my pregnancy with Rhett! All the nurses were laughing hysterically that she took her sandals off without any prompting!


Last night as we were getting ready for bed (Mommia & Aunt Kate were over) and Elle was telling me that my name was Mom Margaret Bishop and so my mom said, "Did you know that both of your great grandmother's were named Margaret? I bet Granny is up in Heaven with Jesus right now so happy to get to see you" which prompted Elle to say, "When I get older I can get baptized like Jesus, and I will go under the water and get my ponytail wet!" The poignant thoughts and words of a 2 1/2 year old! I love how incredibly smart she is...she picks up on everything! (We attended Mackenna Clinger's baptism on Saturday night) Melted my heart!


Love this girl!! 

1 comment: