Friday, November 12, 2010

Tiny Baby

Somehow Elle must know what is coming and is already vying for attention as a "tiny baby". I always mean to make posts about the funny conversations I have with Elle and the things she does, because I know I will forget all of these moments!

So this morning I go into her room to get her out of bed and this is our conversation: (keep in mind that she is saying all of this in a high pitched voice)

Elle: "Tiny baby wants to eat yogurt!"
Me: "Ok tiny baby, let's go eat some yogurt."
Elle: (as she is laying on the changing pad) "Ooooh...tiny baby needs a diaper change."
Me: I change her diaper and set her down on the ground
Elle: "No momma, tiny baby needs you to walk for me"
Me: I carry her into the kitchen and put her in her booster seat
Elle: "Tiny baby needs to eat"
Me: "What color yogurt does tiny baby want"
Elle: "Tiny baby wants orange" (didn't know tiny babies knew their colors!)

Then, this afternoon as I start to put her in her crib and tell her goodnight and she says:
Elle: "Tiny baby needs to rock!"
So what's a mom to do when her "tiny baby" needs to rock...she rocks her!
Then, I laid her down in her crib and she said:
Elle: "Good night tiny baby's mommy"
Me: "Good night tiny baby, I love you!"

She also always wants in the baby swing, the exersaucer, a pacifier (even though she has never used one), and calls her sippy cups baby bottles...all because she must know what is about to come!! I hope she adjusts well when Rhett arrives!

2 comments:

diana said...

Oh how funny!!

Marianne said...

sound like Momma-mia is gonna have to do lots of Big Girl things with "tiny baby" when the real tiny baby get here!